Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Drink Beer. Save Wildlife. #BrewAtTheZoo 2017

One thing that Ben and I look forward to in the summer is Brew at the Zoo. We went last year and had such a fun time that we bought tickets for this year the day they were available. This event is held every year at the National Zoo in Washington DC. The proceeds from the tickets go to helping wildlife.

Brew at the Zoo, National Zoo in Washington DC


About 80 different breweries come with beer on tap, and there are local food trucks there too. When you get to the event, you get a beer mug and you can go up to any of the breweries and get unlimited beer samples. The keepers also bring out animals for demonstrations, and there are booths where you can learn more about different programs at the zoo from breeding to nutrition.

Brew at the Zoo, National Zoo in Washington DC

Brew at the Zoo, National Zoo in Washington DC

One booth I always stop by is the one about animal training and enrichment. Did you know that back in the day, that's the career I wanted? It ended up not being the best path for me, but I still have a huge passion for it. Last year at the booth, I bought art painted by an orangutan. This year, I bought a glass painted by an orangutan!

Brew at the Zoo, National Zoo in Washington DC

Ben and I had a great time eating and drinking, but it was super hot this year. Sadly, we had to leave early because I was pretty sure I was melting. We still had a blast, and we can't wait for next year to do it all again!

Have you been to an after hours zoo event? What summer activities do you look forward to each year?
Claws Up lifestyle blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...