Saturday, August 12, 2017

Cat Claws: Jack, My First Foster

I have had cats literally my entire life. I have always been a cat lover, and had a passion for helping them. When I was 9, my very special kitty, Muffin, came into my life. We grew up together and she was my best friend. As she got older, I struggled with the decision on whether or not I'd want another cat after she passed. For a while, I felt that I couldn't ever bring myself to get a cat to "replace" her.

After years of thinking, and talking to Muffin (yes, I am a crazy cat lady and I embrace it), I decided that she would want me to help other cats, and take them in, just as I did for her when she was left on my vet's doorstep.

Foster cat


I wanted to take this a step further, and when Muffin passed away a few months ago, I decided I wanted to foster. I had Muffin for 18 years, and during that time I wasn't able to adopt any other cats. By fostering, I can help save a lot more cats than if I just adopted one or two.

Foster cat

In July, I joined HART as an official cat foster! The first cat I got paired up with was Jack. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to foster him because he does not get along with cats or dogs, and as an older kitty I knew he was a lifetime commitment.

Foster cat

Luckily, my dad decided that he wanted to adopt Jack! There were a few weeks before my dad was ready to adopt Jack, so he stayed with me in the meantime. Jack is so sweet and I am going to be sad to say bye, but at least I helped him find his furever home, and I can even visit him!

Foster cat

Soon I'll be fostering another kitty, and I'm sure finding that one a furever home wont be as fast. Since this something I am passionate about, I decided to introduce this phase of my life to the blog in a new segment that I am calling Cat Claws. I hope you all stick around as I share my experiences as a kitty foster mom!

Have you ever fostered a pet before? Can you give me any advice?

Claws Up! Lifestyle Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...